Budget-friendly smoker: what to expect for the price
You won't have to worry about low-quality parts because not only do these grills on our list have quality parts, they also have quality-controlled mechanisms.
Of course, the higher the price, the higher the quality of thetanks, domes, etc., however, this does not mean that it will do a better job.
For the price, you will still receive a strong, insulated, and efficient smoker.
Types of smokers to consider
Before choosing one from our list, you must first know the different types of smokers and which ones to consider.
You can choose from:
- Coal Smokers: This type of smoker, like Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker, will use the interactive nature of coal. You can control the fireplace lighter, oxygen, and temperature. Some may say that it gives you one of the best flavors; however, this simply depends on you and your taste, it will vary. If you want your meat to have a crust or crust, charcoal is your best option. However, of course, charcoal is slightly more work than an electric, gas, or pellet smoker .
- Gas or Propane Smokers: If you are looking for a non-intervention approach, you can set up this gas smoker, like the Smoke Hollow 44241GW and just forget about it. It is definitely a great option if you have a big family or party and need to attend to other matters. They are generally much more consistent than other smokers. It is much easier to control, use and can easily last up to 15 hours. However, they are usually quite narrow, which means you won't be able to fit a lot of meat at once.
- Pellet Smokers: A popular surge has been surrounding the pellet smoker, such as the Z GRILLS ZPG-450A. This is also a low maintenance option and can definitely be a great buy if you are looking for a smoker that doesn't require a lot of attention. Since it is thermostatically controlled, you can quit smoking and roast the machine and enjoy the party. You also don't have to worry about re-feeding the smoker, as it automatically feeds the correct amount of granules. However, these types are normally slightly more expensive than other types on the market.
- Electric Smokers: If you really want to get a long smoke out of your grill and come out with amazing meat, an electric smoker like the Masterbuilt 20077515 really believes that slow and steady wins the race. A cook with this smoker can take more than 12 hours, which could be considered a scam. However, it does amazing things for humidity and temperature stability. For an electric smoker, be aware that you will need an available outlet or a weatherproof extension cord.
Universal Safety Tips
Before you go on smoking a mess, especially in front of friends and family, be sure to read these universal safety tips for your next barbecue party.
- Look at the fire: Although you might consider leaving and forgetting about it, make sure to keep an eye on it from time to time. It is important to really know how to control it and the grill. Especially if there are children around, you will definitely want to be careful. In any case, keep a fire extinguisher nearby, as well as burn ointment, and have someone check the grill at all times.
- Don't ignore basic food safety: It doesn't matter if you're just cooking vegetables, just know the basics when it comes to proper cooking temperatures.
- Also, don't ignore the grill instructions: These are not for fools. No one will think less of you for reading the instructions and setting up the grill correctly. Especially since each individual grill will have very specific operating ranges, you will need to know these little details.
- Look at the smoke: Just be aware that smoke can actually be quite dangerous, getting into the lungs. There are carcinogens in the fat smoke. Even if you are using a smoker, do not try to inhale it regularly.
- Place the grill in a safe place: If you review your grill manual, you will find the minimum distances to place the grill in the correct location to keep everyone (and everything around you) safe.
- Please note the charcoal, gas and alcohol on the grill: Use basic safety rules when dealing with alcohol around the grill. Especially if you have a fun summer party or barbecue, it's easy to drop alcohol (accidentally) on the grill.
7. When you're done, clean the grill: No matter if you're using the grill the next day, you should definitely clean it after cooking. An outbreak can be quite dangerous and a quick cleanup can help prevent it.
Features to Consider When Buying the Best Smokers Under $ 500
Before choosing the perfect smoker for your backyard barbecue, be sure to take a closer look at these individual features.
It doesn't matter if you are a novice smoker or a seasoned veteran (literally), temperature control is something you should definitely pay attention to. Knowing and setting the correct temperature will help cook meat within the allotted time and will not leave your guests hungry.
You should definitely try a grill that makes it easy to control the temperature.
Smoker size equals capacity
If you have a large family or want to cook a lot in a short period of time, you will need a larger smoker who has a large capacity.
Some of these larger smokers, such as the Masterbuilt 20077515 may contain a large amount of food. However, the little ones do just as well: they take much longer if you want to cook more food.
Some of the other smokers might even come with a rack for hanging sausages, which means more room for other food.
Especially since most of these smokers are budgeted for a lower price (less than $ 500), they will generally be designed with stainless steel; however, the type of steel will differ from grill to grill.
Since you want to be a practical grill, you will need these ventilation grills to control the air that enters and leaves the smoker. Most of these high quality smokers will have three vents, however the minimum you should have is two, one at the top and one at the bottom.
Tray of water